Manually plugins install on WordPress website. It’s a very common quires as well as many people does not know how to work it. Naturally plugins are installed through automatically, But some time it’s doesn’t work. So, that time need to manually install plugins on WordPress. Installing plugins from the WordPress dashboard is so simple that you probably never need to know how to set up a plugin manually via FTP (File Transfer Protocol). But the technique is right now helpful to know in case the WordPress Plugin directory is not working, or down.
The following mention steps make you through how to set up a plugin using FTP, using the gallery plugin as the example.
Below mention Step by step as well as you can make easy manually plugins install :
1. Login the plugin page from the WordPress Plugin Directory website.
2. Press the red download button to transfer the plugin Zip file to your device (Laptop/Desktop).
3. Now, Unzip the download plugin files. Automatically all plugins downloaded from the Plugin Directory is in the Zip format. Most of the operating systems (Windows, Mac, and so on) have inside tools to open Zip files. After opening the Zip file, extract the directory contained inside the Zip file and keep it in a directory on your device that is simply accessible.
- Connect to your site’s server using FTP (File Transfer Protocol). If you have faced any difficulty connecting to your server, then communicate your hosting provider and ask for help in connecting to your server via FTP.
- Navigate to the wp-content file within the WordPress installation for your site. The location of your WordPress installation can vary with every hosting provider company. Make confirms that you know the location before you start proceed.
- It’s time to navigate to the /wp-content/plugins directory So, at first navigate to wp-content. Inside this directory are the plugins, and themes directories along with a some others. Navigate to the plugins’ directory. It’s inside this directory which is all plugins reside.
- Upload the plugin file to the /wp-content/plugins directory on your web server.
The plugin file, named for the plugin (for example, if you are uploading the Gallery plugin, the folder is /gallery) contains every files for that plugin.
Finally, manually plugins install has been complied on WordPress. So this question will come again that how to manually install plugins on WordPress? Hope, you will able to fix it as well as help to others if needed.